Thanks for the information. It's good to see someone understands a little
about this.

Incidentally, we have been looking at other GCs and VMs for the application
in production environments, so I'll look into how these affect tests as
well. I'll try to enable some logging about GC pauses to see what's up.

How would `-Xmx3g` cause long GC cycles? Do you think the value is simply
too low?

FWIW we're running the Maven build in an Alpine-based Docker container.

--

Jason Young