Hi,

+1 from me.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
On 23.04.19 21:43, Robert Scholte wrote:
Hi,

The Apache Maven project consist of about 100 (sub)projects. Due to the small
number of volunteers and the huge amount of code to maintain we're missing
enough space to make real progress on all these projects, including our
ambitious ideas for the next major version(s) of Maven itself.
To be able to gain more focus we need to criticize the current subprojects and
decide if it is worth maintaining.

One of those subprojects is the maven-repository-plugin, last released on
February 22, 2015. It's main purpose: a plugin that can be used to create
bundles of artifacts that can be uploaded to the central repository.
Based on that it seems that the maven-assembly-plugin is a better fit for that.

I therefore propose that we retire the maven-repository-plugin.

I don't think it makes sense to do a final release. Instead we should update
the documentation and the freeze the codebase.

The process for retiring a plugin is described here:
https://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html

The vote is open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
[ ] -1 No, because...