The open source Weblogic Monitoring Exporter
<https://github.com/oracle/weblogic-monitoring-exporter> is a set of servlets
that works as an exporter for Prometheus. Building it involves two steps: one
build compiles the servlets and the second assembles them into a WAR, in which
a configuration file is embedded. Currently, users clone the repository and run
both builds, but that means that they generally work with the latest commits. I
am thinking that it makes more sense to publish it to maven central, but am
looking for guidance. Is it customary to publish WARs to central? In such a
case, I would combine the builds, and a simple shell command or script could
supply the configuration. Or would it be best to publish the JAR containing the
servlets and have users run the second build to create the WAR?

Thanks,
Russ