don' t recall any commits like that, generally I see that the last commit
in a tag is "[maven-release-plugin] prepare release
<https://github.com/B3Partners/brmo/commit/bdcc63208bd4a8b521f3b82bd82d87148e9c2687>
..."
and in my master branch I see "[maven-release-plugin] prepare release
<https://github.com/flamingo-geocms/flamingo/commit/623cbbc87afd2ead1d565749b42411602b6b1c2c>..."
and then "[maven-release-plugin] prepare for next development iteration
<https://github.com/flamingo-geocms/flamingo/commit/1c23467abd0ea07143841af25e1d4916a9ebc416>
"

looking at
https://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/prepare-mojo.html
there
seems to be no option to do what you want.
-M

Op do 31 okt. 2019 om 09:12 schreef Scott Rossillo <srossi...@smartling.com

--
Disclaimer;
This message is just a reflection of what I thought at the time of sending.