I was looking over the docs for the settings.xml file and noted that it
looks like it's possible to access a nexus repository using a client
certificate of sorts. It's not clear the docs if a JKS can be used or if it
must be a ssh private key or what.

http://maven.apache.org/settings.html#servers

I wanted to confirm that the linked docs is still accurate? I have a few
different use cases and may need to reference a client cert key pair in a
JKS or perhaps from the windows certificate store for authentication to the
nexus repository. Is still a supported configuration by maven? I found some
references to support here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-1560
which references setting maven options for javax.net.ssl.* settings.
Considering the environment, i'll probably need to be able to specify the
key alias name too, just in case there's multiple certificates available.