Hi everyone!

I recently ran into problems when trying to get colored log output from
Quarkus tests (via Surefire): https://github.com/fusesource/jansi/issues/171

Coincidentally, we started seeing Surefire JVM fork crashes on various
Windows 10 workstations when Jansi was active (sorry, I do not have more
details at the moment).

I also found out that building Quarkus (651 modules) is 40% faster with
-Djansi.passthrough=true (using Git Bash on Windows 10 & TERM=cygwin,
and I guess also with xterm-256color).

Given these three observations, I am wondering whether it would be
better if Maven actively used -Djansi.passthrough=true for TERM variants
that are known to handle coloring on their own?
Or at least document this?

Best regards,

Falko