Is this the documentation you said you are reading
https://maven.apache.org/plugins/index.html, as it has a reporting
section for maven maintained plugins.

but to highlight some, take a look at;
checkstyle https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/
pmd/cpd https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pmd-plugin/
spotbugs (was findbugs) https://spotbugs.github.io/spotbugs-maven-plugin/

harder setup as requires installing separate tooling, and most overlap
with checkstyle, pmd and sportbugs in the free version.
sonarqube
https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/analysis/scan/sonarscanner-for-maven/

for your dependencies look at owasp and
https://jeremylong.github.io/DependencyCheck/dependency-check-maven/index.html

If you're on github or bitbucket and are an open source project then
they have lots of both apps or integration tooling that can check
dependencies, code coverage. But if it's a closed private repo then it
will cost you something $$$ per month.

John