Hi Folks,

A large company moved to Maven and uploaded many of their non public jars
into the private company repository.  Many of these dependencies were
uploaded without using standard group/artifact id.  This is not easily fixed
because many projects reference those group/artifact coordinates, changing
the
names needs much management and coordination across teams.

The problem currently is the group/artifact ids are not following the
correct
convention of reverse dns name like com.someenterprise.dept.  Therefore it
is
not easy to identify all the private jars under some particular folder
under ~/.m2/repo since they are scattered everywhere.

Looking for how to build new versions of these jars and upload with a
corrected
group/artifact.  While continuing to upload with the with the original
group/artifact id.  A deadline for projects to switch to the corrected
group/artifact can be set.  After the deadline we would just update the pom
use the corrected group/artifact and remove mentions of the old coordinates.

I had a look over various plugins but could not see a good way to handle
this.

thanks.
Martin