Im interested in modules though, not dependencies, at least not initially.
If I say Maven give me a dag of project A, I'd expect it to go through the
list of modules and create a tree. That's what it's going to build. The
question then is what order to build them.
Obviously project A would be first. Then if a child project had a
dependency on another, that would put it ahead in the build order, etc,
etc. A picture would emerge, potentially showing me what projects are
bottlenecking the build.

I see ferstl was working on this:
https://github.com/ferstl/depgraph-maven-plugin/issues/103

Delany