Hi!

I have been testing and using the redis locks implementation of Maven
Resolver 1.6.x on 3.8.x for a while now on my CI instances. It works great
but I would like to follow the development/bugfixes of it and saw that it
was all happening on the 1.7.x which is built with Java 8 and therefore
incompatible with Maven 3.8.x.

I've also been testing Michael Osipov's branch (
https://github.com/apache/maven/tree/maven-3.8.x-resolver-1.7.x) which is a
backport of resolver 1.7.x on maven 3.8.x. I haven't seen any issues so far
which brings me to my question : would you consider doing a Maven 3.9
release built on Java 8 so we could all benefit from the Maven Resolver
1.7.x improvements? IMO, a proper solution for sharing a maven repository
for concurrent builds is a huge improvement that could benefit many.

Maven 4.x might be around the corner but I'm not sure most people will want
to upgrade quickly, and having a 3.9.x branch based of Java 8 could bring a
lot of improvements that are in the 4.x branch to be battle tested in the
field.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks