>From your stackoverflow post I move your your junit-jupiter-engine
dependency to a project dependency instead of a test dependency.
Eclipse is probably working as it's own IDE logic/dependencies/support, not
maven's.

I've also switched over to using the bom, so have config like.
https://gist.github.com/nhojpatrick/e598205e23ff3ee226673d11bc339bf6

I did have issues with surefire v2.x and early junit v5 but since surfire
v3.0.0-M2 I don't think I've had any issues.

John