Thank you for the wonderful reference and summary, Daniel!

While I'm parsing the information along with all its references, indeed it seems a well-known path. I'm glad people have taken it to that great extent, and have provided guidelines and solutions to newcomers like me.

– Stanimir

Sat, 02 Jul 2022 21:00:41 -0700, /Daniel Widdis/:

You are traveling a well-known path to many of us.

I highly recommend taking a look at junit-platform-maven-plugin:
https://github.com/sormuras/junit-platform-maven-plugin

Blog post outlining how to do what you'e doing is here:
https://sormuras.github.io/blog/2018-09-11-testing-in-the-modular-world.html

TLDR:
1. you keep the one module-info.java in your main project
2. you add a module-info.test in your test directory with appropriate command line entries for add-opens (to see your source code) and add-reads (essentially replacing the additional "requires")