Hi Everyone,

I have been using maven-dependency-plugin for resolving artifact path
(goal: properties)

<plugin>

<version>3.3.0</version>

   <executions>

<execution>

<id>getArtifactPath</id>

<goals>

<goal>properties</goal>

</goals>

</execution>

</executions>

</plugin>

And accessing the property ${*groupId:artifactId:jar} . *
I am interested in knowing the internal working of how this works. Does the
plugin add the properties like below? This isn't the valid property name
for xml syntax.

<properties>

<groupId:artifactId:jar>path</groupId:artifactId:jar>

</properties>

I would like to achieve adding this property on runtime manually because
the dependency plugin isn't working with IDE execution.

--
Thanks,
Kamalpreet