The file tree didn't go across the list so well. Here's another try below:

On 6/14/2023 4:05 PM, Garret Wilson wrote:
Over the years I've changed how I define "Bill of Material" POMs for my large, aggregated projects. Recently I've settled on a pattern which I feel is a refinement of the official Maven approach <https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#bill-of-materials-bom-poms> for putting together a BOM. I've described the technique in my blog post I published today: /Improving the Maven Bill of Materials (BOM) Pattern/ <https://www.garretwilson.com/blog/2023/06/14/improve-maven-bom-pattern>. Here's a summary.

Assuming we have a project `com.example:…` with aggregated subprojects `com.example:foo` and `com.example:bar`, my technique uses the following directory structure:

pom.xml
parent-pom.xml
├── foo/
│   └── pom.xml