On 7/31/2023 1:27 PM, Delany wrote:

In any case, what repository on the Internet is configured to allow
anonymous uploads? The settings.xml must always be populated with <server>
credentials for a deployment to take place.
If you fear someone accidentally uploading artefacts to random repos then
"you're doing it wrong".

This question was never about "anonymous uploads" or "random repos". The parent POM specifies a specific server, for which specific credentials are specified in `settings.xml`. The issue is that this configuration is inherited, so this question was simply how to elegantly disable this behavior in child POMs, to prevent accidentally deploying a child project to the same server with the same credentials as inherited from the parent POM.

Your `<phase>none</phase>` idea is probably the best I'm going to get, thanks. I'll add appropriate tricks to make that more easily configured via a property, which I already know how to do.

Garret