On 09.11.23 23:46, Rick Hillegas wrote:
I am trying to install a Derby release into my local maven repository.
The world has changed underneath me in the last year and a half since I
published the last Derby release. The Derby maven-based publication poms
can be found under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/maven2/ The Derby
publication poms don't do much. They just sign the Derby artifacts and
copy them into the repository. No jars or wars are actually built by the
publication poms. That happens elsewhere.

On my first attempt, I used the maven version I used a year and a half
ago: 3.8.6. One of the Derby artifacts is a war file and its associated
publication pom contained this plugin stanza:

         <plugin>
            <version>2.1.1</version>
         </plugin>

Why using such ancient version?