Whenever somebody comments on a GitHub PR linked to a Jira issue, the initial
version of the comment is copied over to Jira. But if the comments are later
edited or deleted, the initially created comment in Jira is not being updated
accordingly. This can lead to significant divergence, bordering on
falsification, in Jira issues. E.g. look at my (kriegaex) comments in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1934 and compare with the
heavily edited and restructured comments in
https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/670.

Who maintains the bot, and how can I raise this issue there? I searched for
projects in the Apache GitHub organisations, but the bot does not seem to be a
public Apache project. Is it a generic component, despite the name "ASF bot"
implying otherwise? Anyway, Jira comments are editable, so this is a useful
feature that could be implemented.
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de