thanks Joe. but then if classes are available both in the target directory
of module A as well as a jar file in M2 repository which takes precedence?

also i have noticed that while running mvn compile from the root works,
running mvn compile from the directory of B does not pick up classes from
A's target directory. it only picks up from M2 repo in that case.