For reasons that I may no longer believe, I tried to make a JAR that included
the Maven Resolver Ant Tasks uber JAR plus some extra stuff.
I figured I could do that by resolving the Maven Resolver Ant Tasks and
including all those artifacts in my JAR.
But that did not work.
The resulting JAR fails because of a class not found:
org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory [called from http AbstractVerifier].
What seems odd is that the POM for maven-resolver-transport-http *explicitly
excludes commons-logging*.
The stated explanation is that jcl-over-slf4j is used instead.
But obviously, there is some need for commons-logging, and the MRAT uber JAR
includes commons-logging.
Is commons-logging added to the MRAT uber JAR as a special case?

Seems like something is wrong here.

I can fix my problem by adding commons-logging explicitly to my JAR, so I don’t
need a solution, but I would still
like to know why I had this problem.