Hi,

I'm trying to generate a failsafe report in a different location than the
standard one. Since this is to be used in a generic CI pipeline, I want to
avoid having to modify the plugin config in every repo.

I found this page which shows a system property that would appear to do exactly
what I need:
https://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-report-plugin/examples/report-custom-location.html

I have however been unable to reproduce the behaviour. Running `mvn
surefire-report:report -DoutputDirectory=newpath` as per the example still
generates the reports in their normal location (`${basedir}/target/site`). Is
this documentation page outdated? Is there any way I can change the output
directory without requiring modifications in every repo?

I am using Maven  3.9.1 and surefire-report 3.2.5.

Thanks,

Louis