Shade needs an original sources JAR as input for 'createSourcesJar'. Make sure
to add Maven Source Plugin to your build and put it above Shade in the
'plugins' section to ensure that both of them are exeuted in the correct order
during the 'package' phase.

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>3.3.0</version>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <id>module-source-jar</id>
      <goals>
        <goal>jar</goal>
      </goals>
    </execution>
  </executions>
</plugin>

BTW, in a multi-module project, the requirement to create source JARs applies
to all modules the aggregate JAR depends on and is meant to shade.
Alternatively, you could use Maven Assembly to first create one aggregate
sources JAR and then let Shade find that one.
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de