From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 12:31 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: [m2] parent poms and svn externals

On 11/20/05, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Right - though Maven discovers pom's in ../pom.xml, so if your layout
> is different, you must ensure that the parent is already installed in
> the repository (mvn install in the build directory in this case, or
> deployed to a remote repository accessible from the child project).

Right now (with m1) we can check out a single subproject and build it with
just 'svn co ...' and 'maven dist'.

It seems like we're going to lose that with m2.  So far I think the <parent>
tag has to include <relativePath>../build/pom.xml</relativePath> (and
everyone will need to know to check out 'build' along with whichever
sub-project).  And the svn externals are no longer useful.

That's okay... but before I go down that path I want to make sure I'm not
missing something that will make it Just Work with m2.

Thanks,
--
Wendy