I run the command "mvn deploy" (for some reason mvn
install doesn’t activate the plugin, compile and
package cause it to run infinitely).

When I put the configuration node directly under the
plugin node it doesn’t complain but then the
plugin executes only once.

Did you try running it with different configurations?
Can you send me what you tried?

Thanks,
Yossi