Does anyone know if the following is doable? I have a project where I
build two different artifacts off the same project base. One is a war
file, which we use to deploy to a tomcat server. The other is a jar
file, which is just an api snapshot of our code for other internal
projects to share. The way I'm doing it now, is as follows.

+- project-root
| +- pom.xml
| +- pom_war.xml
| +- pom_jar.xml
| +- src

The pom.xml is my parent, which defines all of the shared definitions
(includes repositories, dependencies, profiles, etc.) The other two
reference the parent and build the appropriate artifacts. What I have
been doing is build the parent, build child one, and then build child
two.

As noted in prior emails, there is a way to do one build and generate
all artifacts, however, the examples in the docs referenced below, do
not handle my scenario.

My questions is, is what I want possible to do? If so, how do I
configure the <modules/> element in the parent? If not, is there a
workaround for what I want to do, besides writing a script? A script may
not be such a bad option, but it just adds something that I'll need to
maintain if we want to add artifacts...

Frank Russo
Senior Developer
FX Alliance, LLC