I'm converting a "multiproject" project from Maven 1 to Maven 2, starting at the parent and adding modules one at a time until they build and install.
Currently, this is what I'm trying to do. stars (P) +--- stars-common (A) +--- stars-domain (B) +--- stars-dao (C) B depends on A. C depends on both A and B, and some external jars I had to install in the local repository. P builds and installs, then A, then B. C fails, as it cannot resolve B. But B was just built and installed locally! (It's there -- I looked! ;-) I define the dependencies in the parent pom.xml, and refer to them, without the version info, in the subprojects. This works for all the other dependencies. What am I missing? Is there a way to force it to look in the right directory, perhaps using <systemPath/> ? TIA, Ray Here's the error: ... [INFO] [jar:jar] [INFO] Building jar: /home/rward/apps/m2/stars/domain/target/stars- domain-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar [INFO] [install:install] [INFO] Installing /home/rward/apps/m2/stars/domain/target/stars- domain-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to /home/rward/.m2/repository/stars-domain/1.0-SNAPSHOT/stars- domain-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- [INFO] Building stars-dao [INFO] task-segment: [install] [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- [INFO] [resources:resources] [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources. [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- [ERROR] BUILD ERROR [INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact. required artifacts missing: stars:stars-domain:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT for the artifact: stars:stars-dao:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT from the specified remote repositories: central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
