Hi all,

I encountered a weird problem with the eclipse-plugin in conjunction with
the dependency-plugin.
In my project, an attached artifact from another project, wich contains a
MagicDraw model should be unpacked in the initialize phase. The
configuration for the dependency-plugin looks like this:
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
          <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>1.0</version>
          <inherited>false</inherited>
          <executions>
            <execution>
              <phase>initialize</phase>
              <goals>
                <goal>unpack</goal>
              </goals>
              <configuration>
                <artifactItems>
                  <artifactItem>
                    <groupId>aGroupId</groupId>
                    <artifactId>anArtifactId</artifactId>
                    <version>aVersion</version>
                    <type>zip</type>
                    <classifier>md</classifier>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}\dependencies</outputDirectory>
                  </artifactItem>
                </artifactItems>
              </configuration>
            </execution>
          </executions>
        </plugin>
      </plugins>
    </build>

This works fine so long.
When I now try to generate eclipse project files for this project by calling
"mvn eclipse:eclipse" I get the following error message:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for
'dependency:unpack'

[0] inside the definition for plugin: 'dependency-maven-plugin'specify the
following:

<configuration>
  <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
</configuration>.

If I change the execution phase in the dependency-plugin configurtion from
"initialize" to "process-resources" and call the eclipse-plugin again, it
works fine.

Any phase prior to "process-resources" causes the eclipse-plugin to fail.

Does somebody has an idea, what's going wrong?

Thanx,

Markus