The only difference between assembly:assembly and assembly:attached is the object that they are working on. The goal assembly:assembly uses ${executedProject} while assembly:attached uses ${project}.

So if assembly:attached works for you, then I suggest you use it.

Martijn Dashorst wrote:
All,

We have an examples project which has an artifact type of 'war'. The
dependencies for the war are correct and for instance servlet api has
scope 'provided'.

The provided jars don't show up in the WAR file, which is what I want.

Now the catch: I want to create a combined src/binary ZIP distribution
using the assembly plugin that includes *ALL* dependencies such that
people can import the zip file as a complete eclipse, intellij Idea or
netbeans project without having to install maven, and download all
dependencies.

However, what ever I specify in my assembly descriptor, only compile
time dependencies end up in the final zip.

Is there any way to get this fixed? Can I override the dependency
resolver such that the assembly ignores everything the war type tells
it about dependencies?

mvn clean site package assembly:attached

seems to work. But I think the following should result in the same packaging:

mvn clean site assembly:assembly

Any comments?

Martijn