This is from memory, correct me if I'm wrong.  We're having trouble
with links (to anchors) on the generated website.

Maven 1:
  <section name="Shale Downloads">
  <a name="Shale_Downloads">

  <section name="Shale Downloads" href="downloads">
  <a name="downloads">

(I'm fairly sure the 'href' was added in m1.  It was something we had
at Struts, possibly added to the original Jakarta xdoc stylesheet, and
it was necessary because for PDF generation, FOP dies if there are
duplicate ids in a page.)

Maven 2, with site plugin 2.0-beta-4
  <section name="Shale Downloads">
  [nothing]

Maven 2, with site plugin 2.0-beta-5
  <section name="Shale Downloads">
  <a name="Shale Downloads">
  (so you have to link to it as #Shale%20Downloads)

How does this match up with section names and anchors in APT?

I'd like to be able to specify the anchor name, to avoid having
anchors like #This_is_a_really_long_section_name, or worse,
#This%20is%20a%20really%20long%20section%20name.

Can the <section name=... href=...> and <subsection name=... href=...
format be supported in m2?

Thanks,
--
Wendy