On 8/16/06, Denis McCarthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
One of my projects depends on a second project. As a result, I've
defined the first project as being packaged as a pom, with an associated
dependency in the second package. However, when I run 'mvn test' on the
pom packaged project no tests are run (which I think is normal for
pom-packaged projects with no modules). What should I do to run tests
for a pom packaged project - do I really require a module? Indeed, am I
approaching maven intra-project dependency management skew-ways?
TIA
Denis

What about the project depends on the previous project?  If it's just
a code dependency then you shouldn't use it as a parent POM.  If there
are common project attributes to the two projects, then make a
separate parent-pom with those attributes, and have both extend it.