My pom contains the webstart plugin which executes on "mvn install" and signs all dependencies:

    <build>
        <plugins>
        </plugins>
        <pluginManagement>
                <plugin>
                    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                    <artifactId>webstart-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>jnlp</goal>
                            </goals>
                        </execution>
                    </executions>
                    <configuration>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>

Now I 'd like to create a profile "fast", which doesn't execute the webstart-maven-plugin. If I modify the pom and remove the <executions> entity, "mvn install" doesn't do the webstart-maven-plugin (good). But when I add this to the above pom, "mvn -Pfast install" does do the webstart-maven-plugin (bad):

    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>fast</id>
            <build>
                <pluginManagement>
                    <plugins>
                        <plugin>
                            <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                            <artifactId>webstart-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                            <executions>
                                <!-- Do not execute -->
                            </executions>
                        </plugin>
                    </plugins>
                </pluginManagement>
            </build>
        </profile>
    </profiles>

Is there any way to turn of a plugin execution by using a profile?

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet