On Today at 2:08am, GT=>Gareth Tilley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

GT> Hi All,
GT>
GT>     Gunther Popp-2 wrote:
GT>     - All (platform-specific) Environment variables (Just add the prefix
GT>     env. For example ${env.M2_HOME} returns the Maven2 installation path).
GT>
GT> Has anyone actually been able to get this working? All of the filtering
GT> works fine for me, but the environment variable stuff does not.  As a test I
GT> have a properties file that contains:
GT> ${env.JAVA_HOME}
GT> ${user.home}
GT> ${pom.version}
GT>
GT> After the process-resources phase (with filtering turn on in the pom), the
GT> file looks like this:
GT> ${env.JAVA_HOME}
GT> /home/build
GT> 1.2-SNAPSHOT
GT>
GT> JAVA_HOME is definitely set, is there something I am doing wrong, or does
GT> this just not work?
GT>
GT> Regards
GT> Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Environment variables tend to be second-class citizens in my experience.
See my earlier post about profile activation based on environment
variables:

http://www.nabble.com/profile-activation-based-on-environment-variables-t2585492s177.html

In addition, looking at the source for ResourcesMojo.java
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-resources-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/resources/ResourcesMojo.java?revision=422969&view=markup
we see that there is no mention of environment variables during filtering
(just system properties and project properties):

        filterProperties = new Properties();

        // System properties
        filterProperties.putAll( System.getProperties() );

        // Project properties
        filterProperties.putAll( project.getProperties() );

I am not familiar with the maven codebase at all, but I might try my luck
with figuring this out (when I get some spare time).

Later,
--
Haroon Rafique
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>