Hi Maven mavens.

OK -- my turn for a query.
I've written a plugin.   I do *not* want that plugin to be inherited by
children poms.

Our design is like this:
ParentPom
    \-- ProjectPom
             \-- ModulePom (1..n)

I want my plugin to be executed by the ProjectPom but not seen by the
ModulePoms.

I can do this in XML in the POM by specifying <inherited>false</inherited> in
ProjectPom.
The problem is that we have 20-30 ProjectPoms for different projects and do not
want to violate the DRY principle.
I *cannot* seem to do so by specifying that in the pluginManagement section in
ParentPom.
That would be sufficient.

Even more frustrating, it seems plugin.xml has an <inheritedByDefault> item --
I can't seem to put an annotation on the Mojo which is read by Maven which
causes this to flip from true to false. @inheritedByDefault false should be
enough, I would think! Why every plugin.xml entity doesn't have an associated
annotation is beyond me.
(I also tried making my own plugin.xml and flip it manually, but that didn't
seem to work either - packaging maven-plugin overwrites it.)

Can anyone provide any insight?

Thanks in advance,

Barrett

Barrett Nuzum