Hi,

I have a project that contains many modules. And I also wanted to have
some assemblies where some modules are simply extracted in the jar file.

I tested it with one:
parent pom:
<build>
  <plugins>
     <plugin>
         <configuration>
           <descriptors>

<descriptor>assemblydescriptors/abc-assembly.xml</descriptor>
           </descriptors>
           <finalName>abc-${project.version}</finalName>
            <workDirectory>target/assembly/work</workDirectory>
         </configuration>

It worked fine. But I need multiple assemblies and I was taught to use
profiles.

parent pom:
<build>
  <plugins>
        //Multiple Plugins here
  </plugins>
</build>
<reporting>
  <plugins>
        //Multiple Plugins here
  </plugins>
</reporting>
<profiles>
  <profile>
        <id> profileA</id>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                // Same config as int the one above
  </profile>
  <profile>//similar stuff here  for profileB</profile>
</profiles>

But if I run : mvn assembly:assembly -P profileA
a jar file is generated that contains only the Manifest file. But
assembly descriptor worked in the POM without profiles.

To create all assemblies I added this to every profile:
            <activation>
                <property>
                    <name>assembly</name>
                    <value>all</value>
                </property>
            </activation>

and run: mvn assembly:assembly -Dassembly=all
but it only creates a empty jar file for profileA but not for profileB

I am pretty confused. What did I make wrong? Any hints?

Thanks in advance

Mirko