I found a method that /half-way /seems to work. If you put a "\" in-front of an expression it is not processed. But the problem is that the "\" is not removed after processing of the document. I would suggest a modification be made to the archetype plugin that removes one "\" before any "${blah}" after processing. Thoughts and other ideas? I know only a little about the archetype plugin and velocity so there may be better options.

-Michael