hmm... the assembly comes with two versions for each goal. For example, the goals "assembly" and "attached" both basically do the same thing but they differ in how you use them. The assembly goal is used in cli and the attached goal is used inside pom executions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this setup is meant to be the work-around.

Are you sure you're using the correct goal?

takai wrote:
Hello,

the assembly plugin contains a serious bug that quite effectively nukes our
build system and it certainly looks like it could nuke *any* multiproject.
It's been documented in december. So far no fix version has been scheduled.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-163

I'm not quite sure if the quality of the bug is appreciated. In fact i'm not
quite sure if this is a bug in the assembly plugin but rather in Maven
(2.0.4) itself. I had a look at the assembly plugin source this weekend and
it looked fine - which might not mean much...

I'd be grateful if anybody would confirm the issue and even more grateful
for a known workaround. So far it looks like we'll have to reintroduce ant
to get it up and running.

We'll try to set up a decent test case today for reproducibilty.

And for the record: no - we do not have cyclic dependencies ;-)

Cheers,
Daniel