The immediate solution coming to my mind r using OS linking or SCM
feature like subversion's svn:externals. But may be Maven supports
this natively, which I do not know.

Subhash.

I have a resource file that is shared by multiple projects.
That is, the resource file resource.xml needs to be packaged in
multiple jar files (A.jar, B.jar) as shown below.

How can I make sure that sub-projects A and B both package the
resource.xml in their jarfiles?

Also, is this the right way to structure it? I placed resource.xml in
parent only because its shared by the children of  'parent'.

  (parent-project
          (src/main/resources
                     resource.xml
          )