From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:07 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: maven-surefire-plugin problem

"How" did you "install" the surefire plugin into your repository? Did
you just copy the files into the proper directories, or use the "mvn
install" command, or what?

Wayne

On 4/18/07, Pankaj Tandon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

> use the 'install' goal to get your project into the repository.
>
> Pankaj
>

> Ramesh Babu Pokala - TLS, Chennai wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> >   I have installed maven-surefire-plugin version 2.3 in maven's
> > local repository.
> >
> >   But still i am getting the following error/.
> >
> >   Can anyone help me in this issue...?
> >

> > C:\Documents and Settings\bpra\.m2\SampleProject1>mvn -e package
> > + Error stacktraces are turned on.
> > [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> > [INFO]
> > ----
> > ----
> > [INFO] Building Simple Demo
> > [INFO]    task-segment: [package]
> > [INFO]
> > ----
> > ----
> > [INFO]
> > ----
> > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > [INFO]
> > ---- [INFO] The plugin
> > 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin' does not exist or
> > no valid version could be found [INFO]
> > ----
> > [INFO] Trace
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
> > 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin' does not exis t or
> > no valid version could be found
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Def
> > ault
> > LifecycleExecutor.java:1286)
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescripto
> > r(De
> > faultLifecycleExecutor.java:1522)
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindLifecycleFor
> > Pack
> > aging(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1016)
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecyc
> > leMa
> > ppings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:980)
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defa
> > ultL
> > ifecycleExecutor.java:458)
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHa
> > ndle
> > Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegme
> > nts(
> > DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultL
> > ifec
> > ycleExecutor.java:143)
> >         at
> > org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
> >         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:272)
> >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
> >         at
> > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl
> > .jav
> > a:39)
> >         at
> > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcce
> > ssor
> > Impl.java:25)
> >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> >         at
> > org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
> >         at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)