Hello,

The solution is not that simple. The problem with inherited version is
if you enter only the subproject (and run mvn command there), the newest
version (I think) of parent pom.xml is always used.
So if you checkout older version, it can make problems.

So we used different approach, we specify in every pom.xml the parent
version. For project version we use
<version>${pom.parent.version}</version>.

The only working solution is using the maven release plugin (it
increases version when releasing new version).
Without that I was not able to use simple way for version handling.

How others handle that?

Petr

Maria Odea Ching píše v Pá 15. 06. 2007 v 16:43 +0800:

> You can do that by not specifying the <version> element in your child
> pom. The child pom would automatically inherit its parent's version
> which you specified in the <parent> block.
>
> See
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html#Project%20Inheritance
>
> -Deng
>
> Jens Hohl wrote:
> > Good Morning,
> >

> > Can someone point me to infos how i can set the version in a
> > Multiproject ?
> >
> > In my parent pom file the <version><version> Tag contains e.g
> > 1.0-SNAPSHOT.
> >
> > How can I refer to that value in my child POMs ? What's best way to do
> > that ?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Jens

Petr Ferschmann