Hi all,

I've created a MOJO recently for generating all dependencies (including
transitives) of a project into a .properties file and in order to do that I've
used the getArtifacts() method and added '@requiresDependencyResolution
runtime' into it. It works fine in most cases, except when one of my project
dependencies is of EAR type as it does not bring its transitive dependencies.
Please see my project dependency tree below.

project-a
    - commons-logging.jar
    - project-b.jar
        - log4j.jar
    - project-c.ear
        - project-d.war

If add my plugin to package phase of  'project-a' and execute 'mvn package',
the getArtifacts() method will get all dependencies, but 'project-d.war'.
I noticed that transitive dependencies work well when dealing with JAR
artifacts, but not with EAR.
Is that an expected behaviour ? If so what would the best way to get all of
them.

FYI I've created a workaround by identifying which artifact is of EAR type (as
a result of getArtifacts()), retrieving its MavenProject instance using
MavenProjectBuilder and invoking getDependencies() on it. However, I feel like
that's not the right way to do it.
Could anyone please give me any pointers ?

Thanks,
Dário