On 8/17/07, John Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for that suggestion, not really a slick solution. Would it be
> possible for the plugin to spawn another thread to run jetty in debug,
> then perhaps the debug settings could be put in a jetty config file
> somewhere?

I guess it's as slick as the eclipse solution. Spawn a new jvm with
the debug parameters. and attach to it. I'm not fluent with the jetty
plugin to tell if it's possible to configure to run externally (and
thus be able to set the parameters via plugin config) but I always
supposed that jetty is running in the same VM as maven build is. Then
it's impossible to influence from the plugin.

> It would be nice not to have to set up jetty somewhere else, as the dev
> team have to learn a lot of extra non-business related stuff.

netbeans own deployment maybe? AFAIK there's not an jetty
module/plugin for netbeans though..

Milos