I want to use maven ant tasks (2.0.7) to deploy a third party jar file to some repository. The command line "mvn deploy:deploy-file" has a facility to deploy the jar file alone without generating the pom in the repository. Is there a way to do that using deploy maven ant task?

   <artifact:deploy file="path/to/xyz.jar">
     <pom file="pom.xml"/>
     <remoteRepository refid="deploy.repository" />
   </artifact:deploy>

the above ant script deploys the xyz.jar as well as pom.xml to the repository. The pom.xml file passed is just to describe the group, artifact and version info. I don't want to populate this pom.xml in the repository. Is there a way to pass the group, artifact and version info of the jar file to the deploy task without using pom.xml?

thanks,

--
Srinivasan Chikkala
Open ESB Community (http://open-esb.org)