From: Mills, Blake S. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri 9/28/2007 1:12 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Where is crimson-1.1.3 dependency coming from?

The jar crimson-1.1.3 is causing an exception.  When I manually remove
the jar from my WEB-INF/lib the exception goes away.  I can't find where
the dependency for crimson-1.1.3 is coming from.  Below is the
exception, maven version, jdk version, and pom.xml.

Exception:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Parser
configuration exception parsing XML from ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/spring-servlet.xml]; nested exception is
javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: Unable to validate using
XSD: Your JAXP provider
[EMAIL PROTECTED] does not
support XML Schema. Are you running on Java 1.4 or below with Apache
Crimson? Upgrade to Apache Xerces (or Java 1.5) for full XSD support.

Maven and jdk version:
Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.5.0_11
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"

pom.xml:
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.myCompany.claims</groupId>
  <artifactId>ITClaimsSite</artifactId>
  <packaging>war</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>ITClaimsSite Maven Webapp</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org <http://maven.apache.org/> </url>

  <dependencies>
    <!-- Spring -->
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
        <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
        <version>2.0.6</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.springmodules</groupId>
        <artifactId>spring-modules-validation</artifactId>
        <version>0.7</version>
    </dependency>

    <!-- Hibernate -->
    <dependency>