2.1 and 2.2 are often non-useful.

Examples that don't show the <groupId> tag can be confusing. Maybe that's
just me but the <artifactId> in the example isn't enough. I think it has
something to do with plugins moving around from codehaus to maven to apache
and such.

Sometimes there are example of complicated things and no example of the
simple thing. I find the examples the best help for me.

I don't usually find the part that looks like this useful:

*jarName* The name of the jar file.

   - *Type*: java.lang.String
   - *Required*: Yes
   - *Expression*: ${project.build.finalName}

5.1 and 5.2 are frustrating because they often have just enough info to make
you think you know enough to use them.

For example, there are often "path" options but you don't know where they
path begins. Does it begin in the folder containing the POM that contains
the option itself? Or does it begin in the folder containing the POM that we
are currently building? (Parent or child pom location) Or does it begin in
the folder you were in when you typed "mvn"? What does ".." do when its at
the front of the path? Does the path specified in a parent pom get the path
from the parent to the child pom added to what was specified? The docs
should tell, in each case, exactly how that works.