Hello,
I am working on integrating jsunit (http://www.jsunit.net) into
maven. I would like to share some thoughts and request some advices
avout the best way to do that integration.

Right now, I have a sample (maven) project that executes jsunit tests
from maven and generates reports. What I did is:
 - modify jsunit java server test cases to generate JUnit test results
   from jsunit test results: That way javascript unit tests results
   and error gets integrated seamlessly into surefire's reports
 - package the java server as an artifact
 - encapsulates all tests in a single JUnit tests cases that
   configures things and laucn jsunit's StandaloneTest class

Some  problems are:
 - test pages contains hardwired and absolute references to everything
   (ie. scripts and jsunti base directory) which is BAD !
 - you need to install jsunit somewhere locally
 - you need to modify and track files by hand outside of the scope of
   the project
 - test server is started once for  each test execution or event each
   JUnit test class execution which can be a performance bottleneck
   for large and/or deep projects

What I want to do is:
 1. package jsunit runner and support files as  a jar or zip
 2. create a plugin tbound to process-test-sources that would unpack
    the jsunit site in target/jsunit-runner
 3. configure generically test server/runners to have
    target/jsunit-runner as their root site. This implies that
    javascript source files, test files and test pages be moved to
    this directory too...

Ideally, I would rather serve everything from a servlet launched
through jetty with the adequate maven plugin but this would require
heavy changes to jsunit java server code. Or may be not...

Comments and ideas are welcomed,

regards,
--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.