It appears that I have to put scm information into my pom.xml in order
to use a Maven 2 project in Continuum.  Is this true?

The reason I'm concerned about this, is suppose I'm in CVS, and create
a lot of branches and tags in each of my projects.  Now I want to
convert to Subversion.  My job of converting is now more than
importing CVS history into Subversion and reconfiguring Continuum, but
I have to go into each of my projects, and their branches, tags, and
trunk to change the pom (kind of defeats the purpose of tagging them
in the first place if I have to change the source code when I change
my scm system).

But hopefully I'm mistaken and there is some better way (I'm still new
to Maven and Continuum).

Thanks in advance.