hi all,
 i am very close to promote Maven @work, where we are currently using
a 400 lines long ant build script... (don't need to list the miracles we are
doing in it
to get some  jobs done...)

i thought  i would have had no problems in showing what Mvn can bring us (in
4 yrs using it, i found out almost all the features and all the
benfits that mvn can give)... until i got some comments that having plain
username
and password for maven proxy (we r behind a firewall) is a potential
security threat

my idea was to setup an internal repository on one machine, so that machine
would be a dedicated one
with a dedicated user account..
I thougth, that other than setting up some read permission on the file would
have sufficed to win........

seems it might not be enough...
i read somewhere that in release 2.1 ther will be an option to encrypt
uname/pwd on proxy..
well i have then few questions for the list:

- how you developers are tackling the issue right now?
- does mvn 2.1 really provides that feature?
- if so, when it will be out?

i know myself that wth an http username and password you won't be able to
asssault a bank (i work in one..)
but i needs facts.

anyone could help?

thanks an dregars