I have the same requirement - versioning of sites.

In order to have a parent POM that safely defines inheritable site URLs
(which is what you are asking for) requires resolution of

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3244

Which *was* done for maven-2.0.8 but was then rolled back as changed
existing behaviour.
We need a solution that can be configured such that it just resolves the
inherited site URL and a default behaviuour (to support existing
projects) where it automagically appaends the child artifactId to the
inherited site URL.

Vote for it and arc up on the dev list proposing a backwards compatible
solution.

William