Best solution would be to ask them to switch to Maven, but for now I think
only adding a POM should work. You could ask the developers if they can just
add the file to their project, so that you don't have to maintain the file in
a different location. Just tell them it's a resource that you need during the
build! ;-)

On Friday 09 November 2007 16:36, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> I suppose I could copy in a pom that I keep somewhere else if and when
> I do a fresh checkout of the project.  Or, I could try to convince the
> authors of that project to convert to Maven.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Grant
>
> From: "Roland Asmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: November 8, 2007 6:39:51 PM EST
> To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Plugins and Multiple projects
>

> Seeing that you build the 'other-project' as well, wouldn't it be easier
> to just throw in a pom.xml in that directory and configure the ant-run
> there? That way your project 'is' a Maven-project from now on! ;-)
>
> I believe that's the easiest solution, because a pom-type-project
> (parent-project) doesn't execute the compile-phase. You could try to
> configure it in another phase that IS run by the pom-lifecycle, but I
> still believe the 'small conversion' I suggested would be the easiest
> way
> to go...
>
> > I have several subprojects of a project, plus another project that is
> > not controlled by Maven.  I would like to setup the antrun plugin to
> > run ANT on just the subproject that is not controlled by Maven (and I
> > don't have the power to change this).  When I put the plugin
> > definition into the lifecycle via:
> > <plugin>
> >         <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
> >         <executions>
> >           <execution>
> >             <id>Solr Build</id>
> >             <phase>compile</phase>
> >             <inherited>false</inherited>
> >
> >             <configuration>
> >               <tasks if="">
> >                 <ant antfile="build.xml" dir="other-project"
> > target="dist"/>
> >               </tasks>
> >             </configuration>
> >             <goals>
> >               <goal>run</goal>
> >             </goals>
> >           </execution>
> >         </executions>
> >       </plugin>
> >
> > Maven tries to run this plugin on all of my modules and thus fails b/c
> > the build.xml doesn't exist in any of the modules directories.  Is
> > there some way to tell it to only run this plugin once, at the top
> > level, but still execute the compile phase?

Roland Asmann

CFC Informationssysteme Entwicklungsgesellschaft m.b.H
Bäckerstrasse 1/2/7
A-1010 Wien
FN 266155f, Handelsgericht Wien

Tel.: +43/1/513 88 77 - 27