>From the build server use command console or shell, type "ssh
user@<remoteserver>" if the remoteserver is asking your password, that means
your ssh connection is not setup correctly. Supposely you don't need to
supply any password, which means "build server" is a trust of the "remote
server".

there are many reason could resulting this, you can trouble shoot by looking
at the log of remote server locate something like /var/secure/log

If this is not the case, then you need to verify if privateKey is referenced
by the maven.