My first assumption was indeed wrong, because I used java 1.5 to check for the existence of those properties. Also, your description (They are not supported by javac.) set me on the wrong track. See my other mail for the how and why of this error.

And indeed, in the current implementation, when you have multiple "compilerArgument" elements only one is taken. I guess it just runs setCompilerArgument multiple times.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk

Sahoo wrote:
I doubt those message come from javac. They were printed by maven when I ran it with -X option. Tell me what is the option that is *not* supported by javac. AFAIK, all the options that I want to pass are very much supported by javac. Check out the documentation [1] of javac that comes with Sun JDK 6.

More over, JDK 6 compiler allows to provide plugins to javac. In order to configure the plugin user may have to pass options that are *not* meant for javac itself, instead they are meant for the javac plugin. Such options will never be supported by maven-javac-plugin, hence compilerArgument is the only way to use them. In case of Sun JDK, any javac option starting -A is passed onto the plugin. An example is available at [2]. I actually faced all my maven issues while developing that plugin.

My observation is that when multiple compilerArgument is used, only the last one is considered.

Thanks,
Sahoo

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/javac.html
[2] http://weblogs.java.net/blog/ss141213/archive/2007/11/a_javac_plugin_1.html